The hybrid anchor made of malleable high performance concrete — an innovative product for prestressing and geotechnical systems — is currently being developped by matrics engineering. These light, durable and resource-conserving anchor plates are very flexible in their use and can easily be combined with existing system components from various manufacturers.
Compared to existing products hybrid anchors offer the following advantages:
- Price (materials, little dependance on the price of steel, low production costs)
- Installation (weight, flexible geometry)
- Removal (e.g. by local controlled demolition, "soft" and hence cuttable materials)
Hybrid anchor solutions can be used e.g. for
- Bars, hollow bars
- Tendons, strands, wires
A patent for hybrid anchorage technology has been issued 2013.
The research projects done by Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Schulz and Dipl.-Ing. Markus Rohringer were awarded with important prices (see news). Ongoing research in this field was supported by national (ZukunftBAU) and regional (Bayern Innovativ) authorities.
- 2011/06: Permanent Composite Anchor Plates for SUSPA 6-06 Ground Anchors for strenthening of a lock at the river Rhine (Client: DSI), Germany
- 2012/12: Permanent Composite Anchor Plates for Macalloy 75-1030 Prestressing bar for strengthening of a bridge (Client: BBR), Poland